We are super stoked to be working with SUP THE WHITESHELL. Amy, the owner of the S.T.W, is an accredited Sup instructor in Sup Yoga and flatwater Sup, offering rentals, lessons & tours out of Falcon Lake, Manitoba all summer. Contact her directly via Facebook, Instagram, or book a class with our online booking system below. Welcome aboard Amy!
Monday’s SUP BOOTCAMP:
Take your workout to the water this summer! Check out the hottest new way to get fit on a paddleboard. Participants will learn basics of paddling and then rotate through a circuit or interval based workout on the board. Class will finish will a cool down and stretch.
Class is suitable for beginners but participants should be currently physically active. Modifications for different fitness levels will be provided.
Classes run Monday evenings starting in July and run until the end of August from 6:30 PM – 8:15 PM (weather depending).
SUP Bootcamp Class Includes:
- Stand up paddleboard, paddle, leash, anchor, PFD, and whistle for class duration
- 15 mins land briefing
- 30 min paddle exercises on water
- 45 min bootcamp
- 15 min cool down
Course Location: Fun Mountain Park 804 Murdock Road Springfield, Manitoba (open in Google Maps)
Classes start at 6:30 pm. Please arrive on time, so that you are unloaded, changed, and ready to begin at the start time. Arriving late will cut into your instructional time, and that of others on the course.
Both classes will run with a minimum of 4 students and maximum of 6 students per instructor.
Course Cancellation: It is rare that we cancel a session due to weather considerations however we will do so if, in our judgement, the conditions are dangerous or are likely to present a poor learning environment. If a class is cancelled, registered participants will be notified no less than 90 minutes before the scheduled start time.
Gear & Clothing
All participants will be provided with a stand up paddleboard and the required safety gear for the class (SUP, paddle, anchor, PFD, & whistle). You will need to bring your own personal gear and clothing.
- Clothing: quick-dry or warm-when-wet outdoor athletic gear. Think paddle tops, rashguards, breathable hiking layers, merino wool, boardshorts, athletic swimwear, etc. Yoga clothing also works well.
- Headwear: sun hat, bandana, sombrero, sunglasses with straps, etc.
- Any personal first aid, medications, sunscreen, etc.
- Waterproof and floatable camera.
- High energy snacks, drinking water.
- Towel and warm, dry change of clothes (just in case!)
Contact us if you have any questions regarding gear or clothing.